I’m working for myself now and pinching pennies, but a girl’s gotta dream. So we’re starting Window Shopping Wednesdays on the blog. A weekly post dedicated to dreaming of the day we can shop our little hearts out. Until then we scour the world wide web finding motivation for me to keep trudging along in this crazy little freelance world I live in.
Week 1, Let’s go! This week’s theme is kiddo travel, since we’ll be flying cross country very soon and need lot’s of entertainment and easy kid solutions.
1. Lately Lily Books – I saw these and immediately fell in love with the watercolor illustration style and the story of this traveling little girl. There’s a whole series including flash cards. Love it!
2. Feed Our Small World T-shirt – I saw this in a second hand store and fell in love. Totally regretting not buying it. Hmm, wonder if it’s still there?
3. Kids Camelbak – Necessary to look cute while keeping hydrated on those hot Disney days
4. Scary Cute Long Sleeved Tee – When your kid gives up on Halloween costumes it’s important to have a festive backup plan.
5. Toms – Easy on, easy off. Perfect for on-the-go theme park days
6. Madisons Patriotic Project – We love books, especially when traveling. My mom recently shared this website with us. It’s a friend of hers who is an author and child psychiatrist. Visit her website, her books also have accompanying teaching tools! Check out Dr. Vanita Braver.
7. Disney’s Frozen Spot It Game – We’ve been working a lot on our letters lately, and this game looks like it travels well. Definitely something that can keep us occupied on a plane… at least for a half hour.
8. Trace Letters Workbook – All day, all night “mom can you make me letters.” Why didn’t I think of this sooner? Pre-drawn dotted letters. I’ll be damned if this kid doesn’t learn something on this vacation.