|Prep Time||45 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
dozen 3 1/2 oz. cookies
- 2 sticks + 1 tbsp. unsalted butter Cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs Cold
- 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Scoop and sweep the excess off the top
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet chips or chunks
- 1 splash molasses
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl and set to the side.
- Use the paddle on your electric mixer to combine your wet ingredients. Start by blending your butter and sugars. Add your eggs one at a time until combined. Next add the molasses and vanilla extract and combine.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold your chocolate chips or chunks into the mixture
- On a clean surface, continue to combine your ingredients with your hands, then portion your dough into 3.5 oz. balls, about the size of a racquet ball.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
- Place your chocolate chip cookie dough balls on your lined cookie tray and chill them up to an hour. The colder the dough the better!
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes checking at the half-way mark to see if they need to be pressed down. If so, apply light pressure with a spatula. Cold dough won't spread as fast as warm dough during the cooking process.